Yes, one of THOSE days...
My morning started off well enough, then like an avalanche life started crashing around me.
- The friend helping me with my computer had to leave, and by the way, my calendar was erased.
- I went to sync my i-pod with my computer, and instead of my data being imported to my computer, my computer erased the calendar on my i-pod.
- Upon further investigation, my contacts were also erased in both places, as were my notes. Great...
- Normally Adam's being picked up about now, but it had slipped my mind that I had agreed to keep him until 8 p.m. tonight.
- My husband Bob then reminded me he had leave for church at 6:00 p.m.
Okay, I can do this! While my instinct is to be obsessed with my now missing data, I had to focus on getting Adam fed - as well as Bob and I -plus take care of some last minute preparations before juggling my grandson and guests.
- I walked into the room as Adam began projectile vomiting.
- I now had a baby to wash,
- and a load of laundry to do,
- and dinner to eat,
- and guests coming in 45 minutes.
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
I wish I could tell you the day got better. It didn't.
But I'm better.
Many times it feels like I'm not making any progress in this walk of faith, but days like this show me that those thoughts are wrong. I am being transformed, little by little, into His likeness. Finally, I'm gaining more of an eternal perspective.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. " ~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-17
Father, I thank you for patience, not only the patience you're developing in me but also the infinite patience you show me. May I continue to keep my focus on you rather than on the way I think things should be!