I initially planned to paint a solid coat of Sedona and then rub some off, but after painting the side rungs and the strip around the seat I had a happy accident. With next to no paint on the brush I went to paint the back of the chair. Because there was still some texture despite all the sanding, the high spots picked up the Sedona. I thought it looked great so from then on I used the dry brush technique, blotting most of the paint off the brush before using it on the chair.
Since the polyurethane I purchased for my Adirondack chair was indoor/outdoor, I decided to use that to seal the rocker as well. Again, I used a flat sponge from the dollar store for application.
And here's the finished product!
Linking up to "Your Thriving Family", "Live Laugh Linky Thursday", "Transformation Thursday"