Do you ever find your mind caught in a rut? All you can think about is
- those bills that need paying...
- all the things you should do...
- that relationship that's not going the way you'd like it to...
- what you're going to do about that nagging situation...
Now, we all need to address things at one time or another. What I'm talking about is your mind being fixated when there's really nothing you can do.
If you've read my blog before you may have already heard me say this, but it bears repeating:
What I focus on gets bigger!
It's true, isn't it?
|Photo courtesy of stock.xchng and k_r_anoop|
Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things. ~ Colossians 3:2
When we focus on God, He gets bigger and the things of this world get smaller! And one of the best ways I've found to focus on God is to memorize Scripture.
The A to Z Verses we’ve learned so far
- A - As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15b
- B – Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. Acts 16:31
- C – Create in me a pure heart, O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
- D – Devote yourself to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
- E – Every good and perfect gift is from above James 1:17
- F – For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love, and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- G – God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
- H – How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth. Psalm 47:2
- I – It is for freedom that Christ has set us free! Galatians 5:1
- J – Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6
- K – Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. Psalm 34:13
- L - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
- M – May Your unfailing love be my comfort. Psalm 119:76
- N – Nothing is too hard for God. Jeremiah 32:17b
- O – O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Psalm 8:1
- P – Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Eph. 6:11
- Q - In quietness and trust is your strength. Isaiah 30:15b
- R - Remember the Sabbath Day by keeping it holy. Exodus 20:8