Tips for Tuesday
No, it's not Tuesday, but it just was, and will be again soon! I have a great organizing tip to help you with travel and since I'm getting ready to travel to Kansas, I thought this would be a great time to share it with you. Why am I traveling to Kansas? Keep reading and you'll find out. I'm so excited!
I find that one of the bigger chores when traveling is to pack all my bathroom essentials. This task became much easier when I started keeping these items packed in a small bag so when the time arose it would be good to go!
I just recently purchased this Timeless Beauty Bag, which I like for several reasons:
- It opens up and is clear so I can easily scan it and see what I have and what I need.
- It has 3 separate pouches, so I can keep like items together (such as my contact lens supplies, shower items, etc.) and easily find what I'm looking for.
- There's also a section for pencils and brushes. Initially, I wasn't sure what I'd do with all this space, but I've found it works great for lip balm, nail clippers, tweezers, bobby pins, tube of pain relievers - anything small that would otherwise get lost in the shuffle.
- It has an elastic latch, allowing me to fit everything in this one case. (Ok, I'll admit someone told me they've never seen one so full before, but hey, it all fits!)
And finally, it has a latch on the handle so you can hang it up in the bathroom, saving counter space and making everything visible. No more digging!
Regardless of the bag you choose, it's just handy to keep it ready to go. Here are a few of the items I always make sure I have (in addition to those I've already mentioned):
- Face cleansing towelettes. I find these much handier to use than a washcloth. I use the dry ones when I'm traveling in the US, and the pre-moistened ones when traveling in areas where I'm unsure of the water supply.
- Small eyeglass repair kit, just in case.
- Ear plugs. These come in handy on the plane, when someone is "sleeping loudly," or to give to someone if I happen to be the one "sleeping loudly" (right Kami?)
I replace items like deodorant and make-up when they're not quite empty and keep the older one packed rather than buying a duplicate of everything. There are always some things that I can't pack until the last minute, so I've made a list of these on a sticky note and keep it in the bag so I quickly know just what to grab. After returning from a trip, I make sure the bag is stocked and my list is up to date so I'll be ready to go the next time.
Tomorrow's trip? I'm flying to Kansas to speak at a women's retreat at Living Water's Ranch! Will you join me in prayer, please?
Here's how you can pray -
- pray for safe travel, and that I make the tight connection in Chicago.
- pray for recall, and that I would speak only the words God would have me say, nothing more, nothing less.
- pray for protection from the enemy, who tends to attack me physically and emotionally.
- pray for every woman there, that each would hear the message God has for them!
Thanks dear friends! I can't wait to tell you all about it!
Father, I thank you for the privilege of teaching your Word! Please bless this retreat and everyone involved in it!
I've been known to link up with: Living Proverbs 31, Soli Deo Gloria, Inspire Me Monday, Titus 2sdays, Tell Me a Story, Teach Me Tuesdays, Courtship Connection, Into the Beautiful, God Bumps & God Incidences, Word-Filled Wednesday, Winsome Wednesday, Simply Helping Him, Weekend Whatever, Spiritual Sundays, True Vine Challenge, Hear it on Sunday, Use it on Monday, The Beauty in His Grip, Playdates With God, Inspire, Thrive at Home, Knick of Time, Hope in Every Season, Funky Junk Interiors, Frugal Friday, Inspire Me Please, Feathered Nest Friday, What Have You Redone, Home Sweet Home, Thrifty Things Friday, DIY Sunday Showcase , Think Pink Sundays,